Sunday, October 8, 2017

LOL, nope, back to the original size, which means that--you guessed it--I need to sew more blocks.
But I think that in the long run I'll be happier in sizing back up, because it will make the quilt more versatile.

So now I'm only 7 blocks away from having all my blocks made.
On the good side I worked on the cornerstones this week as well.
I decided to keep the corner stones to three colors; red, navy blue,
 and to throw in some saturated tan (read: coffee with cream/ paper bag) into the mix.

So all the corner stones are cut and separated, all the sashing strips cut and stacked,
and now it's on for the final push to get the blocks assembled.

little by little the project is coming together.

I'm going to like the way I've made the blocks.
Some just have 2 fabrics per block while other blocks have 3 or 4 fabrics in them.
So even though the quilt will have a theme of red, white, and blue, and be made from just one block, there will still be a variety going on within the range of the fabrics to
spice up the mix and add interest.

2 comments:

Lori said...

Go Pam Go! Glad to see you're back!

pdudgeon said...

I am gad to be back, Lori, although it has been with fits and starts this time.
And now I will be without my Quilter Cat to give the final approval.

Poor Elijah. He so loved his job as chief inspector, and was always right there
to approve, crawl under, and purr over all my quilts right to the end.
pam