Wednesday, October 20, 2010

checking in, mid-week

many thanks to all who left encouraging comments and congrats for me reaching my stash-busting goal. you guys are the best!
I'm still on a roll here, with plans to bust another 20+ yards later this week.

As i write this,I'm mid-way into putting together an hour glass quilt using Brannock & Pateck's "Rememberance" fabric from Moda. After fiddling with the block setting i decided to use an "on=point" setting. I almost have the two halves of the top pieced and ready to sew together. just a few more blocks and setting triangles to go, and then I'll be cutting the borders and sewing together the backing.

John's Christmas quilt is home from the quilters, so i'll be parked in front of the TV this weekend sewing the binding on. I sent two more quilt tops out to be quilted this week, and two more will go out the following week. Slowly but surely i'm getting caught up with my stash of un-quilted tops.

No comments: