Thursday, March 4, 2010

Changing directions is a GOOD thing!

As promised i have been working on my first UFO this week. What i thought would be a snap of a quilt to put together has turned out to be otherwise.

LOL, someone a while back said that by planning my stash ahead, i would someday run into a pattern with wonky measurements and regret my decision. NOT ME!
When that happens i don't regret anything.

I just get inspired, change directions, and go off on my own. And that's what i've done this week.

I made my first set of 4 Churn Dash blocks and found a wonky measurement in the rails portion of the block. I had been cutting at night, so i double checked my measurements in the day time agains the pattern, and found that they were the same ones the pattern called for....but they didn't fit~
So i did the math, found the solution, and fell in love all over again with Churn Dash blocks.
And as a result I'm changing my direction on this quilt.

Instead of making the original pattern I've decided to make a Churn Dash quilt.
it's been a long while since i made churn dash blocks for a Christmas quilt ("My Favorite Things"), so it will be nice to reaquaint myself with the joys of the block.
curently i have no idea what the final size will be, but it should be an interesting journey along the way. I may even tie this quilt like i did the first one!

As a result of my experimentation i've had to order a layer cake of the fabric i'm working with, so I'll round up the stash figures to an even 3 yards added for the week.

1 comment:

Lori said...

PICTURES!! I love churn dash blocks, can't wait to see what direction yours went!