and getting them organized has kept me busy this week. So far i've found enough fabric to make at least two quilts, and probably a good bit more. At least two of my drawers look much better now.
i've got lots of baggies filled with little squares that will someday be a Boston Commons quilt, and i've 're-purposed' some other fabric that i got last year into a different quilt using 'Sister's Choice" blocks in various shades of pink, green, and white.
Another quilt-to-be from the scraps will use some left over noodles from April Cornell's first blue/yellow/green/white line called "sunshine". I'll be getting some printed and white yardage of her latest, "Nature's Notebook,' (for borders and background) and add it to what i have in scraps to make a second blue and yellow quilt. Still pulling more from my stash that i'll be buying though.
working thru all the various drawers has led me to some conclusions...
1. while i like applique, it doesn't draw me as much as plain piecing. So the beginnings of two of last year's applique projects hit the fan, and the fabric was re-purposed for other quilts. (see above^^)
2. next year i need to find a better way to store my available yardage fabrics in one spot so i can see what i have. I'll have to think about that one, because it will probably involve either some bookshelves, or a large tub.