Monday, May 25, 2009

May Day quilt


I've finally got another finish. Here is the 4 patch quilt that i've been working on using April Cornell's new fabric line, Spring Magic by Moda.


this pattern originally started out as a 9 patch quilt called "Korby".

The pattern was designed by Brenda Riddle of Acorn Quilt & Gift Company, in her book "Comfort and Joy".

In order to save fabric and use some from my stash, i turned the same pattern into a 4 patch with sashing and cornerstones. By using a charm pack instead of yardage I also reduced the original size of the quilt down to 40 x 45, so it fits nicely on the back of my love seat.


this was fun to make!

2 comments:

Sue H said...

Gorgeous! Your fabric and pattern choices are a perfect match. I love it. I need more finishes!!!

Julie said...

Cute little quilt. Hooray for a finish.