Friday, February 27, 2009

Quilt show post #1

Oh my!
i went to the quilt show yesterday and there's just soooo much to tell!
i think the attendance equaled last years' from what i could see. I got there an hour before opening time and managed to get a great parking space close to the doors. that gave me some time to get my 4 day pass, some free liturature and ads, (love these!) and do some important pre-show work.

i've been to this show before, so one of the things i do is to look at the show map and find my favorite vendors. then i circle their booth on the map, and also on the list of vendors. As i go thru the show i save my receipts (gasp at the $$'s). when i get home i also circle these new names.

It's great to see my favorite vendors return, and i'm so grateful that they continue to make the trip each year.

I got to see some lovely new fabric lines in person, like April Cornell's "Nature's Chorus". "Gypsy Rose" and "Patisserie" were there from Fig Tree Quilts, and Kaffe Fasset was well represented.
"Willowberry Lane" from Maywood Studios was there as well. also got to see the new Blue Palace line from Clothworks/Windham fabrics, and the lovely fabrics of McKenna Ryan. Bunny Hill fabrics were also there with the lucious flannels and wollies. there were several merchants with red and blue work kits, and some great applique projects.

and guess what...i got to see a finished Legacy quilt up close and personal that Vicky (LA Quilter) is making, and even got to see the tin that the fabrics come in. it is a beautiful quilt!

the quilting machines were all out in full force at the show as well.
i got to see a Tin Lizzy, the Millenium and Lenni, the newest Bernina machines, the newest Baby Loc quilting machine, and several others.

i also got to see a finished example of the Jardin De Roses quilt that i am making! I was passing a booth and a group of fabrics just happened to catch my eye. i walked in, looked up and there was the quilt hanging on the wall with the fabric packets beneath it. LOL, no wonder i liked it, but it was encouraging to see the quit finished and hanging before me.

i'll be going back again today to pick up some more fabrics, patterns, and notions, and also to see the quilts themselves. I caught glimpses yesterday of some drop dead stunning ones. the winners should be displayed on the show website.

No comments: