Sunday, October 5, 2008

Happiness #1 & Marisa



as promsed here are the latest pics in a series of pastel quilts i've been making.
the top one is a twin sized quilt called "Happiness#1". I used fabrics from "Forever Friends" and "Winsome" lines. the yellow daisy print in the squres and the border is from "Festival" by King's Road Fabrics.
pattern was designed by Deborah Jacobs.


the quilt on the bottom is another twin sized quilt called "Marisa" from the fabric line of the same name, by Moda Fabrics. These colors remind me of jelly beans at Easter, but i didn't see it until i had the top together into one piece.
The floral outer border and the grass green inner border remind me of all the lovely Spring flowers and the 'grass' in Easter baskets.

The quilt pattern used in the lower quilt is called "Butter Charm and Jelly" by Legacy Patterns. I've used this pattern in at least 4 quilts so far. Some of them were made with pastel fabrics, another with patriotic red, white, and blue, and one called "Wild Rose" that i showed previously here in brown, navy, and cranberry.

1 comment:

Lori in South Dakota said...

must be pyschic, I have the book "Happiness" is in and was thinking I should do a baby quilt! And I'm curious--how did your blog get the name "Egghead's Coop"?? Oh, I've been to the store that published Happiness several times too!